In British Columbia, we have so many delicious food options, so it is hard not to be a foodie. Going out for dinner or a treat is an activity of its own that we enjoy with friends and loved ones.
The trick is to enjoy these tasty foods in small amounts and to mix eating with some physical activity. Next time you are headed to downtown to try some delicious food, try some of these ideas:
- Try ordering plates to share, rather than eating a large portion on your own.
- Pick a mixture of foods that includes vegetables and whole grains.
- Plan for a relaxing walk around the city after your meal.
- Avoid dessert if you have had a large meal, or at least share a treat instead of eating one on your own.
- Have water with your meal instead of alcohol or juice.
- BC is known for its delicious fresh greens, seafood, and wholesome options! Try a restaurant that is famous for delicious, healthy food.