UV in BC
BC has a big, beautiful outdoor playground to enjoy! The best way to enjoy it is by making sure you are protecting your skin from the sun, and by also looking for shady places to play.
- Environment Canada's UV index is a simple measure of how strong the sun’s UV radiation is each day. In BC, you can find the daily index here, if the level is above 1.
- Choose beaches and pools that have shade, or use a shade umbrella when sitting on the beach.
- In BC, tanning beds in salons can only be used by people who are 18 years or older. Even if you are old enough, don't use them!
- When going on boat cruises along Coal Harbour, Granville Island and other popular areas, don't forget your sun protection.
- When heading up to Grouse Mountain, Cypress, Whistler or other popular mountains in BC remember to cover up and use sunscreen.