• Dr. Elaine McKevitt – Chair, Breast STG; Mount St. Joseph Hospital, Providence/VCHA
• Dr. Chris Baliski - Kelowna, BC Cancer
• Dr. Sonia Cader, FHA
• Dr. Nadine Caron – University Hospital of Northern BC, NHA
• Dr. Rona Cheifetz – BC Cancer & VGH, PHSA/VCH
• Dr. Connie Chiu, FHA
• Dr. Noelle Davis – BC Cancer & VGH, PHSA/VCH
• Dr. Michelle Goecke – Royal Columbian Hospital, FHA
• Dr. Rhonda Janzen – Surrey Memorial Hospital, FHA
• Dr. Jon Just, Kamloops, IHA
• Dr. Elaine Lam - Victoria, VIHA
• Dr. Anise Barton - Kelowna, IHA
• Dr. Willem Lombard - Kitimat, NHA
• Dr. Sheina Macadam – Vancouver General Hospital, VCH
• Dr. Rebecca Nelson – Burnaby Hospital, FHA
• Dr. Michelle Sutter – University Hospital of Northern BC, NHA
• Dr. Rebecca Warburton – Mount St. Joseph, Providence
• Dr. Akushla Wijay – Port Alberni, VIHA
SON Fall Update 2016
The afternoon sesssion of the 2016 Fall Update was dedicated to discussion on current guidelines and management of breast cancer. You can view presentations from the Fall Update on this page.
Controversies of Breast Cancer Care for the Surgeon
On Saturday, 27th November, as part of the annual BC Cancer conference, the Surgical Oncology Network hosted a very successful education event focussed on breast cancer care for the surgeon. Presentations and pre- and post-test results can be viewed on the session's page.
SON Fall Update 2014
Another successful Fall Update conference on Breast Surgical Oncology was held on October 18th 2014 at the Four Seasons Hotel in Vancouver. This years event was focused on "Current Controversies" in Breast Cancer treatment. More information can be found on our Fall Update page.
Breast Cancer Symposium 2004
This event took place on the 24th April 2004 at the Hotel Grande Pacific, Victoria and was open to all general surgeons with an interest in breast cancer. A full summary of the conference can be read in the September 2004 edition of the SON newsletter. Results of the pre- and post-test can be viewed on the Symposium page.
The group are currently involved with development of the second Sentinel Lymph Node Mapping Guidelines. The first guideline, "Provincial Guideline for Lymphatic Mapping and Sentinel Node Biopsy for Breast Cancer" is now available.
Breast cancer was the subject of the spring 2004 Surgical Oncology Network newsletter, which includes information on the formation of the first provincial guideline and an interview with Dr. Allen Hayashi.
Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy Update