1. McColl, RJ, McGahan CE, Cai E, Olson R, Cheung WY, Raval MJ, Phang PT, Karimuddin AA, Brown CJ. Impact of Hospital Volume on Quality Indicators for Rectal Cancer Surgery in BC. Am J Surg. 2016. Aug;212(2).
2. Hughes, L., Hamm, J., McGahan, C., Baliski, C. Surgeon Volume, Patient Age, and Tumor-Related Factors Influence the Need for Re-Excision After Breast-Conserving Surgery. Ann Surg Oncol (2016). doi:10.1245/s10434-016-5602-8.
3. Christopher Baliski, Colleen E. McGahan, Caitlyn M. Liberto, Sandra Broughton, Susan Ellard, Marianne Taylor, Janet Bates, Anky Lai. Influence of nurse navigation on wait times for breast cancer care in a Canadian regional cancer center. The American Journal of Surgery. May 2014; 207 (5): 686-692.
4. Jutzi L, Russell D, Ho S & Kwon JS. The role of palliative colorectal stents in gynaecologic malignancy. Gynecologic Oncology. 2014;134:566-9. The volume is 134, issue 3.
5. Kwon JS, McGahan C, Dehaeck U, Santos J, Swenerton K, Carey MS. The Significance of Combination Chemotherapy in Epithelial Ovarian Cancer. Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2014 Feb;24(2):226-32.
6. Faulds J, McGahan C, Phang PT, Raval M, Brown C. Differences Between Referred and Non-Referred Patients in Cancer Research. Can J Surg 2013 56(5)E136-E141
7. Dehaeck U, McGahan CE, Santos JL, Carey MS, Swenerton KD, Kwon JS. The Impact of Geographic Variations in Treatment on Outcomes in Ovarian Cancer. Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2013 Feb;23(2):282-7.
8. Jason Faulds, Carl Brown and Colleen McGahan. Differences Between Referred and Non-Referred Colorectal Cancer Patients. Manuscript accepted Canadian Journal of Surgery.
9. Shaila Merchant, Rona Cheifetz, Margaret Knowling, Fareeza Khurshed and Colleen McGahan. Practice referral patterns and outcomes in patients with primary retroperitoneal sarcoma in British Columbia. The American Journal of Surgery. May 2012; 203 (5): 632-638.
10. Eeson, G., Chang, N., McGahan, C. E., Khurshed, F., Buczkowski, A. K., Scudamore, C. H., Warnock, G. L. and Chung, S. W. Determination of factors predictive of outcome for patients undergoing a pancreaticoduodenectomy of pancreatic head ductal adenocarcinomas. HPB. 2012; 14: 310–316.
11. Liberto C, Baliski C, McGahan C, Broughton S, Taylor M. Comparison of Breast Cancer Treatment Wait Times in the Southern Interior BC in 2006 and 2010. Canadian Journal of Surgery. 2012; 55 (supp): 140 (abstract).
12. P. Terry Phang, Ryan Woods, Carl J. Brown, Manoj Raval, Rona Cheifetz and Hagen Kennecke. Effect of systematic education courses on rectal cancer treatments in a population. The American Journal of Surgery. 2011; 201: 640–644.
13. P. Terry Phang, Rona Cheifetz, C.J. Brown, Manoj Raval. Revisiting rectal cancer management in British Columbia. BCMJ. December 2010; 52 (10): 510-551.
14. P. Terry Phang, Colleen E. McGahan, Greg McGregor, John K. MacFarlane, Carl J. Brown, Manoj J. Raval, Rona Cheifetz and John H. Hay. Effects of change in rectal cancer management on outcomes in British Columbia. Canadian Journal of Surgery. 2010; 53 (4): 225-231.
15. Phang PT. Evolving rectal cancer management in BC. Canadian Journal of Surgery. 2010; 53: 222-224.
16. Pinsk I, Phang PT. Total mesorectal excision and management of rectal cancer. Expert Rev Anticancer Therapy. 2007; 7:1395-1403.
17. Cheifetz R, Phang PT. Evaluating learning and knowledge retention after a continuing medical education course on total mesorectal excision for surgeons. American Journal of Surgery. 2006; 191: 687-690.
18. Phang PT. TME techniques. Canadian Journal of Surgery. 2004; 47: 130-137.
19. P. Terry Phang, Martina Strack, Barbara Poole. Proposal to improve rectal cancer outcomes in BC. BCMJ, September, 2003; 45 (7):330-335.
20. Phang PT, MacFarlane J, Taylor R, Cheifetz R, Davis N, Hay J, et al. Practice patterns and appropriateness of care for rectal cancer management in BC. BCMJ. Sept 2003;45(7):324-329.
21. Phang PT, Law J, Toy E, Speers C, Paltiel C, Coldman A. Pathology audit of 1996 and 2000 reporting for rectal cancer in BC. BCMJ. Sept 2003; 45(7):319-323.
22. Phang P, MacFarlane J, Taylor R, Cheifetz R, Davis N, Hay J, et al. Effect of emergent presentation on outcome from rectal cancer management. American Journal of Surgery, 2003; 185(5):450-454.
23. Richard C, Phang P, McLeod R, Group CAoGSEBRiS. Canadian Association of General Surgeons Evidence Based Reviews in Surgery. 5. Need for preoperative radiation in rectal cancer. Preoperative radiotherapy combined with total mesorectal excision for resectable rectal cancer. Canadian Journal of Surgery. Feb. 2003; 46(1):54-56.
24. Phang PT, MacFarlane J, Taylor RH, et al. Effects of positive resection margin and tumor distance from anus on rectal cancer treatment outcomes. American Journal of Surgery. 2002; 183:504-508.