An integral link in the BC Cancer Agency’s provincial services, and a state-of-the-art provider of cancer care and research.
The BC Cancer Agency, Abbotsford opened its doors to patients for the first time on August 25, 2008.
For residents of the Fraser Valley, the opening of this centre is of enormous value, offering patients the opportunity to receive a spectrum of world-class cancer care services closer to home. It expands the BC Cancer Agency’s ability to pursue innovation, research and improve patient outcomes.
This cancer centre is integrated within the Abbotsford Regional Hospital and Cancer Centre site, a partnership of the Fraser Health Authority and the BC Cancer Agency.
The Abbotsford Centre offers a full range of cancer control services, including:
- New patient multi-disciplinary consultation and care planning
- Chemotherapy and systemic care
- Radiation therapy and enhanced Brachytherapy services
- Supportive care and pain/symptom management
- Nutritional consultation and patient and family counselling services
- Patient and community education in cancer prevention
- Access to national and international clinical trials
- Professional education/liaison for community based cancer control programs
If you have an urgent problem related to your cancer call the Abbotsford Regional Hospital at 604-851-4710. Be sure to tell them you are a cancer centre patient.
The switchboard operator will contact either the on-call medical oncologist or radiation oncologist who will return your call.
Please note: If you report to the Abbotsford Regional Hospital emergency room in person, take a number and report directly to the triage nurse. Tell them you are an Abbotsford Centre patient.