An integral link in BC Cancer’s provincial services, and a state-of-the-art provider of cancer care and research.
BC Cancer – Abbotsford opened its doors to patients for the first time on August 25, 2008.
For residents of the Fraser Valley, the opening of BC Cancer – Abbotsford is of enormous value, offering patients the opportunity to receive a spectrum of world-class cancer care services closer to home. It expands BC Cancer’s ability to pursue innovation, research and improve patient outcomes.
BC Cancer – Abbotsford is integrated within the Abbotsford Regional Hospital and Cancer Centre site, a partnership of the Fraser Health Authority and BC Cancer.
BC Cancer – Abbotsford offers a full range of cancer control services, including:
- New patient multi-disciplinary consultation and care planning
- Chemotherapy and systemic care
- Radiation therapy and enhanced Brachytherapy services
- Supportive care and pain/symptom management
- Nutritional consultation and patient and family counselling services
- Patient and community education in cancer prevention
- Access to national and international clinical trials
- Professional education/liaison for community based cancer control programs
If you have an urgent problem related to your cancer call the Abbotsford Regional Hospital at 604-851-4710. Be sure to tell them you are a BC Cancer – Abbotsford patient.
The switchboard operator will contact either the on-call medical oncologist or radiation oncologist who will return your call.
Please note: If you report to the Abbotsford Regional Hospital emergency room in person, take a number and report directly to the triage nurse. Tell them you are a BC Cancer – Abbotsford patient.