A telephone reference list for BC Cancer – Abbotsford patients
- Appointment information (changes or questions): 604-870-7470
- Counselling and Nutrition programs 604-851-4710 ext: 644733
- Radiation treatment appointments 604-851-4710 ext: 645104
- Cancer Centre Pharmacy 604-851-4709 (dispensary)
If you have refills remaining on your prescription that you wish to pick up (Anti-nausea medications must be filled at your local pharmacy)
- An Oncology nurse is available through telephone if you are having health challenges related to your cancer, or your cancer treatment. Please leave a message for the nurse who will return your call Monday - Friday 0800 - 1530 (except statutory holidays). Telephone: 604-870-7470 - press 4.
- Library and Cancer Information Centre 604-851-4710 ext: 646827
- Our Toll Free Number: 1-877-547-3777 (if calling long distance)
If you are connected to voice mail, please leave a message stating your name, your BC Cancer – Abbotsford registration number, a brief description of your reason for calling and we will return your call as soon as possible.
Leave a detailed message with the secretary (phone number can be found on your appointment card) regarding new problems or specific questions for your oncologist. Test results will usually be available at your next appointment. Your oncologist will call you about test results of concern. For refills of CANCER RELATED PRESCRIPTIONS, please leave a detailed message (with your pharmacy phone number if appropriate). Some medications cannot be refilled by phone.
Your Family Doctor:
Your family doctor will be receiving information about what is happening at BC Cancer – Abbotsford. They will remain your primary physician and you should continue to see them for other health issues as you have before. They can also be very helpful in managing issues that arise during and after your treatment and provide care for you closer to home when possible.