There are no educational prerequisites; the kind of people we are looking for are compassionate, empathetic, non-judgmental individuals who can match our patients’ needs.
We offer volunteer opportunities Monday to Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. We do not have volunteer opportunities for evenings or weekends.
I had been wanting to do some volunteer work when I saw the ad in the paper. The interaction with patients is great and volunteer support is excellent.
To be considered for a volunteer role, you should:
- be age 18 years or older
- if you were a cancer patient, have completed your cancer treatment for one year
- if you have supported a loved one through treatment, apply one year following the end of treatment
- be available during clinic hours (Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.)
- be available and willing to commit to one regular 3- to 4-hour shift each week for a minimum of 6 months
- have completed an application, interview and reference checks