BC Cancer Breast Screening provides free screening mammograms for eligible
BC women age 40 and up.
- Find a clinic in your community by searching the clinic locator.
- Book your appointment by contacting your preferred clinic directly, or call the Screening Programs Client Services Centre at 1-800-663-9203 or 604-877-6187.
Please have your BC Services Card/CareCard and the name of your primary care provider available when you're booking your appointment. A primary care provider plays an important role in cancer screening. They can advise you about the benefits and limitations related to screening, order tests, and follow-up on test results.
If you don't have a primary care provider, you can call HealthLink BC at 8-1-1 and speak with a Health Service Navigator. They will review options with you, including how to find a family doctor accepting new patients, accessing walk-in clinics, or finding a nurse practitioner in your community.
You may also consider:
- Searching for a primary care provider using the Pathways Medical Care Directory.
- Providing the name of a naturopath when booking a mammogram. A naturopath can receive screening mammogram results, and in the event you require additional testing, facilitate referral to a local provider to manage follow-up procedures.
The BC Cancer Screening Programs Client Services Centre is open Monday to Friday from 8:00 am to 5:30 pm, and Saturday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. If you call during business hours and can't get through, please leave a voicemail and we will return your call. In your message, please leave your name, phone number, and the best time to call you back.
BC Cancer Breast Screening is a BC government-funded program offered through BC Cancer, an agency of the Provincial Health Services Authority.
Your information may be used and shared as authorized by the related Acts. We may ask your primary care provider or other organizations to give us information about you (e.g. copies of records or test results or to confirm your identity and personal health number). In particular, your information may be used:
- To identify you and communicate with you about your health care to provide you with health services
- To monitor the quality of our services and breast cancer trends in BC
- For education and training
- For research as permitted by FIPPA
Your identity is never disclosed without your prior consent unless disclosure is required by law (e.g. court order, subpoena). We take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is treated confidentially and is stored securely.
You may correct or request access
to your personal information held by BC Cancer by contacting the BC Cancer Breast Screening central office:
BC Cancer Breast Screening
8th Floor, 686 West Broadway
Vancouver, BC V5Z 1G1
Tel: 1-800-663-9203 (toll-free)
Screening mammograms are for women with no breast problems and are not considered urgent care. With 37 centres and 3 mobile services available in the province, most centres’ wait times are within a 6-week time frame. From time to time, some centres will become busier resulting in slightly longer wait times.
If you are unable to have a screening mammogram appointment at a Breast Screening centre or mobile service
within 2 months with a travel time to the facility/service within 1 hour, contact your primary care provider. Your primary care provider can book a screening mammogram at any diagnostic facility and it will be billed to the Medical Services Plan of BC