BC Cancer Screening is a program of BC Cancer and a member agency of the Provincial Health Services Authority. The program collects personal information under the authority of the Health Act and 26 (c), (e), 27(2) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act
Your information may be used and shared as authorized by the related Acts. We may ask your health care provider or other organizations to provide us information about you (e.g. copies of records or test results or to confirm your identity and personal health number). In particular, your information may be used:
- To identify you and communicate with you about your health care;
- To provide you with health services;
- To monitor the quality of our services and cancer screening trends in BC;
- For education and training;
- For research as permitted by FIPPA.
Your identity is never disclosed without your prior consent unless disclosure is required by law (e.g. court order, subpoena).
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal health information is treated confidentially and stored securely. Our software partners are able to access data in our system for the purpose of troubleshooting technical errors.
We use this information to:
- Invite you to consider screening when you are age-eligible;
- Remind you when you are due for your next screening test;
- Inform you of your screening test results, including follow-up information (if required); and,
- Collect feedback via surveys for the purposes of planning and evaluating BC Cancer screening programs.
Any questions regarding the collection of the information by BC Cancer can be directed to:
BC Cancer Screening
8th Floor, 686 West Broadway
To request access to your records with the BC Cancer Breast Screening Program, please complete this form