BC Cancer Screening is a program of BC Cancer and a member agency of the Provincial Health Services Authority. The program collects personal information under the authority of the Health Act and section 26(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA).
Your information may be used and shared as authorized by the related Acts. We may ask your health care provider or other organizations to provide us information about you (e.g. copies of records or test results or to confirm your identity and personal health number). In particular, your information may be used:
- To identify you and communicate with you about your health care;
- To provide you with health services;
- To monitor the quality of our services and cancer screening trends in BC;
- For education and training;
- For research as permitted by FIPPA.
Your identity is never disclosed without your prior consent unless disclosure is required by law (e.g. court order, subpoena). We take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal health information is treated confidentially and stored securely.
Our software partners are able to access data in our system for the purpose of troubleshooting technical errors.