BC Cancer has an overarching pathway of care for all people with cancer.
This figure represents a general pathway of care that most people with cancer will experience. It shows
- The major phases of a cancer journey
- How a person might progress through each phase
- Key supportive services that are available throughout each person's cancer journey
BC Cancer is currently developing:
- Tumour-specific clinical pathways for health care providers
- Patient-specific resources for each cancer type
This pathway was developed in collaboration with all key stakeholders in Surgical Oncology, Medical Oncology, Radiation Oncology, Family Medicine, Supportive Care, Indigenous Care and Palliative Care.
This work will ensure we deliver high quality cancer care across BC. These pathways will help everyone understand the cancer journey, next step in cancer care, and available resources.
Overarching Clinical Care Pathway Development Methodology
Date of last update: September 13, 2023
Date of next review: September 2024