The goal of the BC Cancer Surgery Network is to establish a structure and a system to enable the integration of quality surgical oncology services into the formal cancer care system.
The best possible outcomes for all cancer surgery patients in British Columbia.
The BC Cancer Surgery Network's mandate is to promote the best surgical oncology care through:
- Promoting best surgical oncology practices.
- Enhancing access to multidisciplinary patient-centred care.
- Evaluating and improving patient outcomes through research, quality data and reporting.
- Promoting continuous quality improvement through mentoring, education and continuing professional development.
- Fostering partnerships provincially and nationally.
The Network's mission is to promote the best surgical oncology care through:
- Leadership, advocacy, mentoring and education.
- Providing strong linkages between BC Cancer, surgeons and hospitals across BC.
- Integrating quality surgical oncology services into the formal cancer care system.
- Developing partnerships and collaborations provincially and nationally.
- To increase recognition of the BC Cancer Surgery Network as the leading advisory and resource body for surgical oncology in BC, and to foster partnerships provincially and nationally.
- To promote and implement best practices for quality cancer surgery and enhance access to multidisciplinary patient-centred care.
- To evaluate and improve patient outcomes through research and quality data collection, management and reporting processes.
- To promote continuous quality improvement of surgical oncology through advocacy, mentoring, medical education and professional development.
BC Cancer Surgery Network STRUCTURE