November 2020 Virtual Fall Conference
November 13, 2020 Virtual Fall Conference:
Register via Learning Hub (Log-in or create an account in seconds. Once logged-in, enter Skin Cancer in the Search bar.)
Cost: $50 all disciplines. Event Details
2.75 Mainpro+ credits.
13:00 – 13:05 Start and Dermatologist Introduction
13:05 – 14:35 Common Skin Cancers
14:35 – 14:45 Break
Surgical Oncology Focus
14:45 – 14:50 Surgical Oncologist Introduction
14:50 – 15:50 Melanoma
15:50 – 16:00 Close and Evaluation
- Describe effective and practical skin cancer prevention strategies;
- Demonstrate improved visual literacy of malignant skin lesions;
- Determine appropriate management of common skin cancers by primary care physicians; and
- Review principles of skin cancer screening in high risk populations.
- Review indications and pitfalls of sentinel lymph node biopsy for melanoma;
- Summarize a practical approach to melanoma staging; and
- Describe current management implications of melanoma staging and of lymph node recurrence.
The University of British Columbia Division of Continuing Professional Development (UBC CPD) is fully accredited by the Committee on Accreditation of Continuing Medical Education (CACME) to provide study credits for continuing medical education for physicians. This program meets the certification criteria of the College of Family Physicians of Canada and has been certified by UBC CPD for up to 2.75 Mainpro+ Group Learning credits. Each physician should claim only those credits accrued through participation in the activity.
This program was co-developed between UBC CPD and BC Cancer Agency, Family Practice Oncology Network (FPON) and was planned to achieve scientific integrity, objectivity, and balance.
Members and disclosures of the planning subcommittee for this event.