The Network strives to provide directly relevant, accessible oncology continuing medical education opportunities for family physicians in BC.
November 21, 2015 - BC Cancer Agency Research Centre
We are planning this year's event now and will share details and open registration this summer. We are also partnering with BC Cancer Agency's Radiology and Nuclear Medicine group to offer a half-day CME event on November 20 focussing on Oncology Imaging for Primary Care. This event, too, will be held at the Research Centre with details to be posted shortly.
Oncology CME Webcasts
Presented in partnership with UBC's Division of Continuing Professional Development, Webcasts are held 8-9:00 a.m. (Pacific time) the third Thursday of every month (except July, August and December). Our complimentary Webcasts provide opportunity to participate in topical, interactive oncology presentations from anywhere with Internet access.
The program is nationally accredited by the College of Family Physicians of Canada and the BC Chapter for up to 1 Mainpro-M1 credit per session. Participants can also earn 2 Mainpro-C credits by taking part in the College's Linking Learning to Practice initiative.
June 18 will feature Dr. Pippa Hawley speaking on the Early Integration of Palliative Care.
To view webcasts on mobile devices, you need to download a mobile flash browser from your app store.
- Metastatic “Castrate Resistant Prostate Cancer”: Advances in Treatment Strategies by Dr. Daygen Finch, December 6
- CAGPO Recap with Drs.Val Geddes and Judith Pike, November 15
- Head and Neck Cancer: An Update for Primary Care by Dr. Jonn Wu, October 18
- Lymphoma Insight for Family Physicians by Dr. Laurie Sehn, September 20
- New Breast Screening Guidelines and the Provincial Clinical Pathway by Dr. Christine Wilson and Lynn Pelletier, June 21
- Surgical Management of Breast Cancer by Dr. Rona Cheifetz, May 17
- Prostate Cancer: Surgery vs. Brachytherapy vs. EBRT by Drs. Peter Black and Mira Keyes, April 19, (Dr. Keyes' revised presentation)
- Updates on Pancreatic Cancer by Dr. Dan Renouf, March 16
- Neoadjuvant Treatment of Rectal Cancer by Dr. Howard Lim, February 16
- Cancer Emergencies by Dr. Don Cooper, January 19
Archived webcasts from 2010-11 are available via Jennifer Wolfe.
The Network also partners with UBC Continuing Professional Development to develop and present a series of cancer care workshops for family physicians throughout BC. As of 2014, the program engaged over 600 family practitioners in BC through small group, case based workshops on cancer care in family practice. Workshops currently focus on Breast, Prostate and Colorectal Cancer plus the newest module - Advanced Cancers.
Visit UBC Continuing Professional Development to find a workshop near you and access the latest news on the program.