On June 19, 2021, BC Cancer - Vancouver moved from old systems and paper-based charts to electronic patient records.
On June 19, 2021, BC Cancer - Vancouver moved from older systems and paper-based charts to electronic patient records. This new system – CST Cerner – and related practice changes, are designed to improve the safety, quality and consistency of patient care. CST stands for Clinical & Systems Transformation.
As our staff and physicians adapt to this new system, please be advised that your appointment may take longer than usual. Like anything new there is a learning curve and there may be minor delays in services. Our focus continues to be providing quality care to you.
Thank you for your patience during this time.
- Please come early for your appointment to allow for extra time for registration.
- You may need to check in at a different location than you usually do. Watch for extra staff or signage directing you where to go.
- If you are paying for parking, please plan for extra time for your appointment.
- During this transition, we have changed how we schedule appointments to give our care teams time to adapt. We may not be able to be as flexible when booking or rescheduling your appointments during this period.
- Other changes you might see include extra support staff and new devices, like computers on wheels.
- Care teams with real-time access to the information they need for more seamless communication about patients
- Less time repeating information or tests
- Safer medication management process
- Your care teams will have faster access to lab results and medication therapies
Health professionals will access patient information through CST Cerner. At this time, we do not have a patient portal in the new system. However, CST Cerner will increase the quality and consistency of patient information available. Learn more here
Preventing the spread of COVID-19 and protecting the safety of patients and staff remains a top priority. We have ensured that all new activities follow our COVID-19 safety plan and our infection control procedures. Learn more about COVID-19 and cancer
Learn more about the benefits at
. If you have any questions or concerns, please talk to a member of your BC Cancer care team.
Hilary Horlock, patient from BC Cancer - Vancouver, shares how the future state with the Clinical & Systems Transformation project will improve patient care.