The BC Cancer Surgery Network exists to promote and advance quality cancer surgery throughout the province.
The BC Cancer Surgery Network includes all providers of surgical oncology services from surgeons in remote areas to sub-specialists.
The BC Cancer Surgery Network's vision is that all cancer surgery patients in BC experience the best possible outcomes. This is made possible through the three committees that make up the network.
The BC Cancer Surgery Network has 12 surgical tumour groups, whose purpose is to advise BC Cancer Surgery Network and the BC Cancer Surgery Network Council on the issues and challenges in their respective areas, to improve the surgical management of oncology patients.
Save the date! October 17 2020. Due to COVID precautions, this year we will be hosting a shorter virtual conference via Zoom. More info to follow.
List of topics:
- Development of guidelines for the surgical treatment of gastric cancer in BC
- Electronic synoptic pathology reporting: How can pathologists help surgeons improve patient care?
- Highlights from the Fall Update 2019: Management of not so rare cancers
- Flat epithelial atypia identified on core needle biopsy does not require excision
- BC Cancer Surgery Network news
You can view the newsletter here.
Another successful Fall Update on Surgical Oncology conference was held on October 5th 2019 in Vancouver. The presentations can be viewed here.
Please note that we have updated our Travel Award application procedures and deadlines. There will be two travel award application competitions each year, with the following deadlines:
Click here for more details.