Patient experience can be measured at both the point-of-care and the systems level.
We use the term “Patient Reported Experience Measures” (PREMs) to describe how we earn about people's experience with care. PREMs tell us about accessibility, acceptability, satisfaction and other elements of care.
Patient-experience measures complement other information about quality of care, such as health-outcomes data and patient-reported outcomes.
At BC Cancer we collect PREMs through a variety of methods.
- Team-based care patient experience survey undertaken in 2023.
- The “Outpatient Cancer Care Survey”, undertaken in BC in 2005/6, 2012/13, and 2019/20.
- The “Experience of Cancer Patients in Transition Study”, a cross-Canada survey, was led by the Canadian Partnership Against Cancer in 2016
- Screening Mammography Program Customer Satisfaction Survey
- Patient Satisfaction Survey: Radiation Therapy