Surrey will have a brand new hospital and cancer centre, centrally located in Cloverdale, to support the growing health care needs of the community.
This image is a rendering of the new Surrey hospital and BC Cancer Centre. Please note that the final design may differ from this rendering.
Fraser Health and BC Cancer are working together with Ellis-Don Design Build Inc. to design and build the new Surrey hospital and BC Cancer Centre. The new hospital and cancer centre is targeted to open in 2030.
The new hospital and cancer centre will be a fully digitally-equipped, fully electric facility that will be at the forefront of health care innovation, technology and sustainability.
The cancer centre will include:
- Exam rooms
- Chemotherapy treatment spaces
- Linear accelerators for radiation therapy
- PET/CT and a cyclotron
- The hospital and cancer centre will feature new technology and equipment, such as state-of-the-art medical imaging equipment, specialized multimodality scanners and more, to increase regional capacity and support health care providers in delivering quality care for better patient outcomes.
- New digital and virtual technologies and services, such as virtual triage, or connecting online with a care provider before and after surgery, will empower patients to receive more of their care from the comfort of their home. Virtual health will also guide patients and providers to the right care setting, which supports improved health outcomes in addition to enhancing patient and provider safety and regional capacity.
- The new hospital will be at the forefront of environmental design, prioritizing energy efficiency enhancements that will meet or exceed LEED (leadership in energy and environmental design) Gold standards.
- The new hospital and cancer centre will be resilient; designed to better mitigate the risk of infectious diseases and as well as flood, seismic and other climate risks such as changing temperatures.
- The new hospital and cancer centre site can accommodate future expansion as needed. Its central location will provide opportunities for service integration with adjacent hospitals: Peace Arch Hospital, Langley Memorial Hospital and Surrey Memorial Hospital.