The Fair PharmaCare plan provides BC families with coverage for eligible prescription drugs and designated medical supplies, based on their net income.
Fair PharmaCare also ensures that B.C. residents, regardless of income, are protected from catastrophic drug costs.
The BC Ministry of Health encourages all eligible British Columbians to register for the plan.
- need to register because you have not registered yet, or
- are unsure if you are registered, or
- are unsure of your qualifications for a subsidy, or
- are unsure of what your deductible is
ask your pharmacist, call Health Insurance BC or visit the Pharmacare website.
- Your pharmacist might have some of your information on record.
- Inquiry Line: Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Saturday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- From Vancouver call: 604-683-7151
- From the rest of BC call toll-free: 1-800-663-7100
Register for Fair Pharmacare and check the status of your registration.
For all of these options, you will need to provide your Care Card number.
It is important to be aware of what Fair Pharmacare medical coverage you have and what your ID number is so that you can receive appropriate coverage.