We invite you to get involved with patient and family experience at BC Cancer by joining our Network of Patient & Family Partners or one of our committees.
Through this network, patient and family partners contribute to person-centred care. Some examples are:
- sharing their experience in consultations and focus groups on topics related to cancer care
- participating on committees and working groups to design and review cancer care services
- reviewing or helping to create patient education materials.
A patient and family partner is someone who:
- has had experience with cancer care as a patient, caregiver, family member or supporter
- cares about high-quality cancer care for all patients and families
- shares their experience to ensure high-quality care for all
- partners with health professionals to design and review cancer care services
- volunteers their time (about one to four hours per month)
A "patient and family partner" can be a current or former patient, a caregiver, family member, or loved one who has experience with cancer care.
Patient and family partners are screened, registered, trained and supported through the Patient Experience program. We invite you to become a member of our network.
Interested in becoming a patient or family partner?
Interested in finding a patient or family partner for your initiative?
* password protected