Has someone on your BC Cancer care team been a champion for your or your loved one’s care? Nominate them for a Patient Care Champion award today!
The BC Cancer Excellence Awards give us an opportunity to shine a light on some of the inspiring people and teams at BC Cancer. Let’s celebrate those who work every day to ensure that the people of B.C. receive world-class, patient-centered cancer screening, treatment and support.
This is a chance to celebrate the passion and remarkable contributions of BC Cancer staff, and highlight some outstanding examples how our people are making a difference for British Columbians facing cancer.
Patients, caregivers and members of the public can nominate in the
Patient Care Champion category. A Patient Care Champion is someone who does one or all of the following:
- Helps improve the care experience of patients and families
- Helps improve your knowledge of the cancer system
- Shows compassion, creativity and teamwork
Nominations are now closed for the 2019 BC Cancer Excellence Awards. Please check back next spring for the 2020 awards.
Nominations are now closed for the 2019 BC Cancer Excellence Awards. Thank you to everyone who submitted a BC Cancer Excellence Awards nomination.
Please check back next spring for the 2020 awards.
The following people/groups are eligible for an award:
- BC Cancer staff (full-time, part-time, casual)
- Contracted physicians
- People who work in a BC Cancer facility or location
- People who are doing work for or that benefits BC Cancer
- People who work directly with BC Cancer staff (includes Health Information Management (HIM), medical imaging, distribution services, labs, Community Oncology Network (CON), BC Cancer Foundation staff, patient partners, and volunteers)
- Other health authority or PHSA staff (working as part of a BC Cancer team)
Not eligible for an award:
This September, a selection committee made up of a cross-section of people from BC Cancer will review all the nominations and select the winners.
Winners will be notified in October and will be recognized at the BC Cancer Summit
dinner on Friday, November 22 as well as within their respective centres.
Read the following stories on last year's winners for inspiration: