People currently receiving cancer treatment and some people who have just finished treatment are considered “clinically extremely vulnerable” as they are at higher risk of getting very sick if they got COVID-19.
This group includes:
• People receiving systemic therapy for cancer now or within the past 12 months. This includes chemotherapy, molecular therapy, immunotherapy, monoclonal antibodies, hormonal therapy for cancer
• People receiving radiation therapy for cancer now or in the past 6 months
• People receiving or who have previously received targeted cancer treatments that can affect the immune system such as CAR-T cell treatments in the past 6 months
• Anyone with blood or bone marrow cancer (such as leukemia, lymphoma, myeloma, myelodysplastic disorders)
• People who have had a bone marrow or stem cell transplant in the past 6 months, or are still taking immunosuppressant medicine related to your transplant
If you believe you are in the CEV group but you have not been contacted by the provincial immunization program, please visit gov.bc.ca/getvaccinated or call: 1-833-838-2323 and provide your Personal Health Number. The registration system or phone agent will confirm if you are eligible.
If you are still unsure, please speak with your care team.