BC Cancer has an overarching pathway of care for all people with cancer and tumour-specific pathways.
BC Cancer's Overarching Clinical Care Pathway is a framework to represent the general pathway of care that most people with cancer will experience.
This image shows
- The major phases of a cancer journey
- How a person might progress through each phase
- Key supportive services that are available throughout each person's cancer journey
BC Cancer is currently developing:
- Tumour-specific clinical pathways for health care providers
- Patient-specific resources for each cancer type
This pathway was developed in collaboration with all key stakeholders in Surgical Oncology, Medical Oncology, Radiation Oncology, Family Medicine, Supportive Care, Indigenous Care and Palliative Care.
This work will ensure we deliver high quality cancer care across BC. These pathways will help everyone understand the cancer journey, next step in cancer care, and available resources.
Overarching Clinical Care Pathway Development Methodology
Date of last update: December 15, 2023
Date of next review: December 2024