The REB complies with the US Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) Code of Federal Regulations 45 CFR 46.103.
These regulations state that every institution engaged in human subject research supported or conducted by the DHHS must have assurance of compliance approved by the US Office for Human Research Protections (OHRP/FDA.)
Federalwide Assurance (FWA) and Institutional Review Board (IRB) assurances with OHRP/FDA have been obtained for both the BC Cancer Agency and the UBC BC Cancer Agency Research Ethics Board (REB). These assurances are listed here (REBs in Canada are referred to as IRBs in the US.)
- Type of Assurance: Federalwide Assurance for "BC Cancer Agency"
- Assurance Numbers: FWA00001149
- Expiry Date: Mar 9, 2021
- Type of Assurance: IRB Assurance for "B.C. Cancer Agency IRB #1"
- Assurance Numbers: IRB00003797
- Expiry Date: May 15, 2020
The BC Cancer Agency Research Ethics Board is a UBC-affilated REB.
UBC Office of Research Services provides regulatory oversight for all UBC affiliated REBs. Read the Assurance of Compliance Statement.